Sunday, June 2, 2013

Workin for the weekend.

Great weekend seeing some awesome shows and eating good! After a long work week I was looking forward to the weekend. Friday evening I got to enjoy a philly steak (no cheese) from Woody's and then headed up to the north end of Piedmont Park for a special Yacht Rock Revue show where they performed all of Purple Rain and then some. Great hearing their original, "Cartoon Butterfly" along with Billy Ocean's "Get Outta My Dreams" and Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" into Bee Gees "Night Fever." It worked. 



Saturday I slept til noon(awesome) then got up and drank coffee. It was 5pm before I knew it so me and some friends headed down to Summerfest to catch Jason Isbell. His songs are awesome. 



Then we decided to head to Leon's for some full service. We ate some bacon in a glass, had some watermelon wheat beer, some brisket, some bacon infused whiskey and frog legs for dessert complements of the chef. 


Good stuff!

I've spent all day today preparing for another wedding gig with Moontower next weekend. Looking forward to that and playing Smith's on June 22! We got some new songs for you!


Also check us out along with many other awesome bands now at www.pleaserock.com! Cool!






No comments:

Post a Comment